Friday, March 7, 2014

I'm Ready To Fight!

I know you really thought I was about to fight someone LOL! NOT literally that is. 

If you have siblings I am sure you have had a "play fight" a time or two. Maybe you do not have siblings, but cousins or a best friend will do as well.  Generally kids start play fighting very early, often finding it quite hilarious.  We all know when you play fight you don't fight hard because you are not trying to hurt the other person. Just simply having fun.  I don't want to sound super spiritual, but we really should believe that we are fighting an enemy who is coming for blood. This is not some character with red horns just trying to scare you. I can't stress this enough.  I told my husband we are trying to fight the enemy with fly swatters instead of swords! Come prepared to fight.  You  have to be dressed in your gear to fight. I challenge you

Now I bring this up because lately I am hearing the word prayer thrown around like we say "sorry" with no meaning.  OUCH!  I know God has plans for my family, and that Satan would rather kill, steal, and destroy them.  Therefore, I will fight for my husband, children, parents, friends, and even acquaintances. My prayer life in the last year has changed drastically! I often wonder how hard we pray when we say "I am praying for you?" Just imagine if we prayed for others like we pray for ourselves.   We really should stop being so passive about prayer.  As Pastor Dusty always says, let's stop saying "The least I can do is pray for you, when actually the best thing you can do is pray." 

I remember in the beginning days of my marriage I was terrible.  Always yelling, screaming to get my way. Very selfish, that is another topic for another day.   Needless to say that didn't work.  We all have passion and drive when it is something that we want. Pastor Dan says it so well  "I AM NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT!" All conflict stems around this common theme.  I am grateful that when my husband and I reach conflict that we cannot handle, we both know that we have to pray. This was NOT always the case. PRAYER IS EVERYTHING! 


1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray Continually

Continually derived from Continual is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as happening again and again within short periods of time.  In my mind this means I really should be praying whenever possible.  No one is saying be weird about it by trying to pray at every second of the day because that is not possible. However, be genuine with your prayers. When you say you will pray for someone, PRAY FOR SOMEONE.  Surround yourself with a great support system.  Do you have someone you can call and ask to pray with you? 
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

  1. Pick a Time to pray everyday, this creates discipline
  2. Pray about everything and not just some things
  3. Believe/Pray with your heart 
  4. Be Honest with God
  5. Get a Support System/Accountability Partner
Pray for me, I am praying for you.  Pray hard as though your life is dependent upon it. 
When I say I am praying for you know I am giving my best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment