Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I'm UNCOMFORTABLE!

I have had so many ideas about my next topic, but I have been in an awkward place lately.

You know that uncomfortable feeling when you have been standing on your feet so long and  you are just ready to sit.  You want to get comfortable whatever that may mean to you.  Yes I know that feeling oh too well.

Lately I have felt that way on more than one occasion. When we moved to Dallas it wasn't under the best circumstances, but we are here and God had a plan that we couldn't even see.  Now it is time to find a new place to live which also requires us to look into schools. I find myself frustrated and telling God I just want to be settled.  I like to be comfortable.  Don't we all? We buy clothes, shoes, furniture based on how comfortable it makes us feel.  I am uncomfortable because I feel as though I am standing,  waiting in anticipation for God to tell me to move.  I don't care if it is right, left, or forward. You know what? God does care.  He loves me that much.  Stop getting so uncomfortable that you are about to make wrong decisions.

 I am reminded of Luke 9:57- 58 NLT As they were walking along, someone said to Jesus, "I will follow you wherever you go." But Jesus replied, Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head."


So after reading those two scriptures several times I had to check myself. I had this plan of how my life would go and it has totally been opposite of what I thought it would be like. I really wanted a career where I traveled throughout the world.  So I thought. I laugh thinking about it.  I thought at one point I wanted to do disaster management. Seriously, I am not joking.  I said I was never going to get married.  I have been married 6 years. I said I wasn't having kids, and then miraculously I had a desire to have a baby.  My oldest will be 3 on April 25th, and the youngest is 1. Even though this wasn't the life I had planned it is the most rewarding. I am a wife and mother daily, my greatest purpose.  I impact them  and they will impact their families.  That is legacy!

  I know we live in a society that wants us to believe that this life is forever and that when you die that is the end. Sorry but that is a lie. send me a comment or Email me if you have questions.  This place meaning earth is really not my home. It is temporary.  Once I realize that wholeheartedly everything else seems so insignificant.  It doesn't change my desires, but it helps with my contentment.  I know that God loves me and nothing that he has for me will harm me. This is my daily speech to myself.  You should try it to.  I quote Jeremiah 29:11 many times because it encourages me more than I could ever imagine.

So I told Jesus I would follow him, I would surrender to his plans for my life.  I will be uncomfortable because I didn't design any of these plans. HE knows better than me, HE never fails, HE is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment